Take Steps to Save Energy/Money
Snow and more cold headed our way. Be safe. SEMO Electric members can implement several practices to reduce the amount of electricity used during extended artic temperatures.
- Turn and keep thermostat down 2-3 degrees.
- Minimize the use of major appliances at the same time.
- Use space heaters sparingly.
- Seal around drafty doors and windows
- Change furnace filters.
- Turn down thermostats on electric water heaters.
- Turn off lights & unplug small appliances not in use.